How to prolong the wooden products lifespan?
Many of our products are intended to be used in everyday conditions, but a variety of them are ideal for professionals as well. Keeping that in mind, we strongly recommend you consult with us prior to every purchase.
Provided that the wood products are used and maintained properly, the products will last for years. You can extend the lifespan of the products remarkably, by keeping in mind the following:
- maintain the wooden surfaces regularly with either a special wood oil or with olive oil. The best time for this kind of maintenance is right after the wooden surface has been cleaned.
- after you are finished with using the wooden product, we recommend you scrape off excess food stuff with a wooden or plastic scraper. Please keep in mind that a wire brush will damage the surface.
- kindly keep the products away from hot surfaces, as it will most likely damage the wooden product
- please try to use the wooden surfaces evenly - that'll cause the product to wear down evenly as well.
- a meat axe too big can break the wooden product
- when cleaning the wooden surfaces, we do not recommend using any chemicals.
After a quick wash in water up to 40ºC (104ºF), try to dry the wooden surface as quickly as possible. In regards to the products made our of up-block (such as our chopping boards), when leaving the product to dry, make sure it is on its side.
- Never wash wooden products in the dishwasher!